Are you an existing volunteer looking to submit your hours? Volunteer Hour Log
Volunteers are a driving force behind the Museums of Western Colorado. The dedication of their tireless efforts is evident at each of our sites. We’re always welcoming new volunteer applications, and we offer orientation sessions which provide the foundation for individuals to learn about each of our sites.
Our needs vary depending on which site you’d like to volunteer at. Please read the job descriptions here for more information, including qualifications and requirements. Let us know what role suits your interests or skills by filling out the volunteer application form below.
Be a Part of Our Team
Whether it’s the paleontology lab at Dinosaur Journey, the apple orchard and historical buildings at Cross Orchards, or the research archives at the Museum of the West, there are plenty of opportunities to donate your time and help us inspire and connect our community’s passion of the scientific and cultural heritage of the Colorado Plateau.
Volunteers who surpass twenty hours logged receive a family membership, including all the great benefits that come with a standard membership:
- Admission for one full year to all Museum sites
- Museum of the West – 462 Ute Avenue in Grand Junction
- Dinosaur Journey Museum – 550 Jurassic Court in Fruita
- Cross Orchards Historic Site – 3073 F Road in Grand Junction (open seasonally)
- Museum Times newsletter, Annual Members Magazine sent directly to you.
- 10% Discount in all Museum stores.
- Discounts on trips, classes, workshops and lectures.
- Invitation to quarterly MEMBERS ONLY gatherings.
- Discounts on tickets to select annual events.