School Group Tours
Cross Orchards Historic Site
$3.50 Self Guided Tours
$4.00 Guided Tours
Experience a time gone by on the restored grounds, once a part of the Red Cross Land and Fruit Company.
If you schedule a guided tour in the fall, students will get to see apple pressing and taste a sample of fresh, pressed apple cider.
Costumed interpreters demonstrate historic day-to-day tasks such as farming, blacksmithing, woodworking and woodstove cooking.
Admission also includes these auxiliary exhibits:
- Swanson Collection (vintage agricultural artifacts and equipment)
- Uintah Narrow Gauge Railway
- G-Scale model railroad
- “Boots” Corn Collection (road construction equipment)
- Water Education Exhibit (an interactive exhibit demonstrating water history, use and management throughout the Grand Valley)
IN THE CLASSROOM
Traveling trunk kits are available for classroom use.
- The Ancient Ones (about Native American groups across western Colorado and eastern Utah)
- Paleontology of the Grand Valley (about fossils and the history of life in our area)
Email Robert for more information.
To schedule a tour or program, please call (970) 242-0971.