About Our Trips
- Lodging is based on double occupancy.
- Meals are not included unless otherwise noted in the description.
- Trips paid in full may be registered online. If you wish to make a deposit, please call.
- Some trips have a minimum age requirement. Please check online or call for information.
- Although we do our best to keep prices and dates as listed, they are subject to change. Please call to confirm and check our website and Facebook page for new trips.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- Cancellations prior to the registration deadline date of the trip will be refunded at 80% of the trip cost (total cost, less the 20% non-refundable deposit).
- All cancellations after the registration deadline date of the trip, and all no-shows forfeit full price and no refunds or credits will be issued.
- If the Museum cancels the trip due to weather or any other reason we will do our best to make alternate arrangements, reschedule your trip, or refund your registration in full.
- Your seat is not reserved until full payment (one-day trips) or a 20% deposit (multi-day tours) is made. All trips must be paid in full by the registration deadline.
- These cancellation policies are strictly enforced as our trips fill up fast.
About Our Paleo Expeditions
- Please note: The various expeditions are for ages 5 and older; each expedition has minimum age noted. Those 16 or younger must be accompanied by a participating adult on all expeditions.
- Gnats are common unwanted visitors in the quarry from May to July and, unfortunately, they do bite. This is one aspect of your experience we cannot control but of which we would like for you to be aware. Participants are encouraged to bring an insect repellent to the quarry with them.
- Weather conditions are unpredictable. Bring hats, sunscreen, sturdy shoes, and sweatshirt or light jacket.
- Although the average high for Grand Junction is 92° in July, it can be 5-10° hotter in the quarry. There are shade tents at the quarry but there is no native shade.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- Cancellations prior to three weeks in advance of the expedition date will be refunded at 80% of the dig/expedition cost (total cost, less the 20% non-refundable deposit).
- Cancellations within two to three weeks prior to the expedition date will be refunded at 50%.
- All cancellations within one week prior to the expedition date, and all no-shows forfeit full price; no refunds or credits will be issued for unused portions of the Paleontology Expeditions and Tours.
- If the Museum cancels the expedition due to weather or any other reason, we will do our best to make alternate arrangements, reschedule your expedition, or refund your registration in full.
- To make your reservations online, payment in full is required by our Paypal account. We also offer the option of making a 20% non-refundable deposit at the time of registration by calling 970.242.0971, ext 2212. The remaining balance must be paid 15 days prior to the expedition date or a $25.00 service fee will be required to continue holding your reservation.
- These cancellation policies are strictly enforced as our digs and expeditions fill up fast.
For more information, please call 970.242.0971, ext. 2212.